Today I did a test mounting of the SDR’s discone antenna.
Over the past few days, I’ve ordered the adapters and cables needed to connect two SDR receivers to the antenna through a splitter.
I’m going to have a lot of free time in December, and one of my projects is to learn even more about radio technology. So I bought some reading material.
I re-arranged my physical shack tonight. This should make it much easier to operate and to repair things. Plus it looks pretty!
Today, I was trying to figure out why the internal battery didn’t work on this IC-3SAT.
In this post, I’m going to show you a couple of upgrades I made to an Icom IC-3SAT 220MHz handheld.
I have recently been experimenting with software-defined radios (SDRs). I’ve got a small collection of three of them: a NooElec SDR2, a Nano Three, and an RTL-SDR.com v3. I have set up a Raspberry Pi as the SDR server.
Welcome to my online ham shack. On this site, I’ll describe various projects I’m working on, as well as discuss my thoughts about amateur radio in general.
In July, I bought this domain, KG7ZFC.net, so that I’d have a single place to go to connect to my SDRs, which run on my home network. Then I started passing out the link to other people so they could listen, too. After a while, when I started doing other projects, I decided I wanted someplace I could publish my results and help others. So, in November, I created this WordPress site.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to make an on-the-air schedule with me, please don’t hesitate to drop me an e-mail.