I like older radios. I think part of it is nostalgia from when I had my first ticket (late ’80s/early ’90s, KB5KHR). But they’re also easy to work on. And radio hasn’t changed much in 30+ years. So I decided to bring a rig into the 21st century.
Yesterday I felt like repairing radios, so that’s exactly what I did.
I don’t know what happened, but Raspbian (the Linux-based OS which runs on the Raspberry PI) somehow lost its network connection. So I’m rebuilding it from scratch.
The SDR system is down due to a cable failure.
I re-arranged my physical shack tonight. This should make it much easier to operate and to repair things. Plus it looks pretty!
Today, I was trying to figure out why the internal battery didn’t work on this IC-3SAT.