Today I moved the SDR setup to the backyard.
For the past week, I’ve had the SDR setup (i.e. tripod, discone, box, etc.) in my side front yard for testing. I only had a 50 foot Ethernet cable, so that was the only place I could put it. That location wasn’t secure, plus it suffered from some RFI from the computers in my shack nearby. I knew its eventual home would be in the backyard, so I moved it today.
I purchased a 100 foot weatherproof CAT 5e Ethernet cable and a coupler from Amazon. I used the coupler to extend the Ethernet cable to a total of 150 feet (50m), which is half of the maximum distance for 48VDC power-over-Ethernet. Then I moved the setup to a convenient place in the backyard, hooked it all up, and turned it on. Everything works great, and there’s less RFI.
Feel free to listen to either of the SDRs.